Tuesday 8 March 2011

F in Exams: The Very Best Totally Wrong Test Answers by Richard Benson

Published by Chronicle Books
Distributed by Raincoast Books

Most - if not all - of us have been there. Seated at a desk in some intimidating room, complete silence, facing a question that we realize we have zero chance of getting right. When faced with that situation, the students featured in 'F in Exams' get creative and decide to have fun.

When I attended school, I recall facing my exams and our teachers often gave us the same advice. Never, ever leave a question unanswered even if it means guessing. Somehow I don't think the examples in this book are what they had in mind but they certainly entertained me. Who knew that living closer to power lines means you get your electricity faster, or that a regular triangle is a triangle with three sides. Perhaps you are one of those physics students who knows that a transformer is a robot who can change into a sports car in 3 seconds, or a history/geography student who is certain that a migration is a headache.

When I sat down and read this, I was laughing out loud and repeating many of the examples to my husband who was also entertained by the content. Mostly funny, sometimes hilarious but always creative, this book will bring happiness to every reader. It's also probably the only book that will make you feel incredibly smarter in under an hour!



No comments: